Monday, February 21, 2011

Converting to Hybrid

In my application assignment I give "Joe Trainer" tips on how he should convert his current face-to-face training program to a hybrid course. My recommendation is that most of his reading, discussions, and virtual practice take place online. The only face-to-face training should be in a hands-on situation where the employees are learning the skills on the job. I used a scenario where the employees are office personnel is a medical office where they are being trained in better customer service and medical charts. The advantage to completing most of this online is that it wouldn't take employees away from work, and they would be able to work on the classwork in their free time.

My recommendations involved pre-planning through the use of storyboards and the ADDIE model. Once the course was designed it should be tested and then implemented. I also discussed the importance of ensuring that guidelines are set through the use of a syllabus and that feedback is given through assessment and discussion responses.

The main concern was to improve discussion amongst students and with the instructor. I suggested a threaded discussion or blog that would require students to interact with one another and with the instructor as well. One of the improvements that online learning would make to this program would be that of allowing for virtual simulations of the skills that could then incorporate both assessment and discussion. If he follows my recommendations, then the program will succeed.

Here is my pdf.

Week 7 Application


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment